Clark County Treasurer's Office
By recommendation of the Clark County Health Department. The Clark County Treasurer's office will be closed to the public until further notice.
We will continue to serve you via email, regular mail, and telephone.
A drop box for tax payments will be installed in the Government building foyer on 3/27/2020. No cash will be accepted. Please include a self-addressed and stamped envelope if you want a receipt mailed to you.
We are sorry for any inconvenience that this may cause.
Hopefully the COVID-19 Virus will be under control soon. The health of the community must be the placed first.
Thank You for your cooperation.
The County Treasurer is the property tax collector and custodian of all monies with responsibility for investing idle funds and maintaining an adequate cash flow. The treasurer settles with township and city treasurers for taxes collected for the county and state. The treasurer collects real, personal and mobile home property taxes. The Treasurer maintains debt service accounts for bonded indebtedness of the County.
About Clark County Tax Sales
Indiana Code provides that real property parcels with delinquent taxes due will be offered for a tax certificate sale by the County Treasurer. Auction sales are held at the Clark County Government Center Room #418, in Jeffersonville, Indiana. Successful bidders will obtain a lien on the parcel through a Tax Sale Certificate issued by the County Auditor. Property owners have one year from the date of the sale to “redeem” their property by paying the amounts prescribed by Indiana Code which includes interest on the amounts paid by the successful bidder/investor. If the property is not redeemed within one year of the auction date, the successful bidder may obtain a tax deed to the property by following procedure as outlined in the Indiana Code. The above referenced is a brief summary of the process. Note the reference to Indiana Code throughout – investor/bidders should obtain legal advice as you work your way through the Tax Sale process. Specific information, including a listing of available properties in the Clark County auction, can be obtained at www.sri-taxsale.com or contact the Treasurer’s office at 812-285-6205.
- Payments may be made at area banks only if there is no delinquency, it is not a reprint bill, and paid by the due date. Area banks accepting payments are Indiana Members Credit Union, German American Bank, First Financial Bank, New Washington State Bank, WesBanco, First Savings Bank, and StockYards Bank.
- By Mail - Enclose Copy A and/or Copy B and a check for the amount due (you may pay both A & B by May 12 if that is convenient for you, but you must pay A by May 12 and B by November 10 to avoid penalty). Please include a stamped self-addressed envelope for a receipt. Mail to: Clark County Treasurer, P.O. Box 1508, Jeffersonville, IN 47131-1508.
- In Person - with entire statement in treasurers office. Treasurer's Office Clark County Government Building 501 E. Court Ave. Room 125 Jeffersonville, IN 47130
- Credit Cards, and Electronic Checks Accepted online, by phone (1-877-690-3729 - Jurisdiction Code: 2483) and in the Treasurer's Office (credit card only)! There is a processing fee of 2.95% added to your bill for the convenience, on credit cards, and a flat fee for electronic checks of .95¢. To process a payment online click the appropriate link above!
Gov Tech Tax Services provides tax information to professionals researching tax information in Clark County. Gov Tech Tax Services are used primarily for escrow payers, title companies and real estate agents. Click on the title link above to visit Gov Tech Tax Services website.
Per Clark County Ordinance, there is a $1.00 per parcel duplicate bill fee and a $1.00 per parcel fee for a payment received without the barcoded payment coupon. Balance information is available online (click on title above). You can also get balance information and print a coupon at https://billpay.forte.net/clarkcointax/ , and finally, you can pay online on either of these websites.
Delinquent personal property certified to court judgments CANNOT be paid on the Clark County Government website. For personal property judgment information or amounts, contact American Financial Credit Services, Inc. (AFCS). AFCS is the collection agency serving Clark County Government. AFCS handles collection of personal property tax bills which have been certified. Once a bill has been certified the taxpayer must work with AFC directly to pay the amount due. Click on the title link above to visit the AFCS website or call 1-888-317-2327 Ext #500. (AFCS does NOT accept payments for regular property tax payments)
Clark County Taxpayer Frequently Asked Questions
How can I receive my bill?
1. You can receive a paper copy by mail, generally mailed in early April each year. Taxes are generally due each May 10 and November 10.
2. You can receive the bill by email. If you want to receive the bill by email you will need to register. Go to the County website, www.co.clark.in.us, under Government , go to Treasurer, click on box to pay taxes online and register. Once you have registered you will receive your bill by email and reminders when to pay.
How can I pay my bill?
1. Pay online at Forte Services by credit card or debit card for a convenience fee of 2.5% or by electronic check for $1.50.
2. By mail to Clark County Treasurer PO Box 1508 Jeffersonville Indiana 47131-1508,
3. By overnight courier to 501 E. Court Avenue Room 125, Jeffersonville, IN 47130.
4. You can make a payment via the dropbox located at the entrance of the Clark County Government Building, 501 East Court Avenue, Jeffersonville.
5. Pay by phone at (1-877-690-3729 - Jurisdiction Code: 2483) by credit card or debit card for a convenience fee of 2.5% or by electronic check for $1.50.
6. You can also pay at local banks, Indiana Members Credit Union, German American Bank, First Financial Bank, New Washington State Bank, Wesbanco, First Savings, and Stockyards Bank. You must have tax bill to pay at the Banks and only during the collection season.
What information do I need to pay online or by phone?
1. You will need the Tax ID number that is on the bill or the name that is on the bill or address..
2. When paying online put either the name, Tax ID number or address, do not put all three, it will not work if you do.
If I pay different bills (i.e. property tax) do I need to register twice?
Yes, one time registration is required for each bill type to access the resident portal. You need to register for each of the bill types and accounts you wish to pay online. If you own two parcels you will need to register both parcels. Once the initial registration process has been completed for each of your accounts (parcels), viewing and paying future invoices will be in place. However, if you register your accounts with the same email and password, you will get a list of accounts to choose from in your customer portal.
Using the System
How does the system work?
It is very simple. Here are the 3 steps taken by customers:
1. Customer receives email notification or accesses account via the Biller website by clicking on the “View or Pay Your Bill” button.
2. Customer locates and views invoice and either enters payment information for a One Time Payment or registers to schedule a payment.
3. Customer receives an email confirmation with their payment amount and payment process date.
Do I have to enter an email address to make a payment?
Yes, an email address is required for payment confirmation. A payment receipt is sent via email.
I signed up for Auto Pay but do not see any information under “My scheduled payments".
The Clark County Treasurers office is unable to access auto pay at this time.
Can I make a payment on the taxes before the bill is sent and has a $0 balance?
Yes, you can make payments starting in January for the May installment, you have to register on Forte , once you are registered login, click on MY ACCOUNT, VIEW PAID OR CLOSED ACCOUNTS, SELECT INVOICE, CONTINUE PAYMENT
Contact the Treasurer's Office
Monty Snelling, Clark County Treasurer
Clark County Government Building
501 E. Court Avenue Room #125
Jeffersonville, IN 47130
Email - Treasurer@co.Clark.in.us
Office Hours: 8:30 - 4:30, Monday - Friday
Closed daily from noon to 1:00 pm for lunch